| || |
What a great day we had at CBU and Step Up 19 on Sunday.
Thanks to all who attended, volunteered, sponsored and donated!
Donations are once again being accepted on this website. We appreciate your support.
Pics coming soon!
STEP out and show your support!
| || |
STEP UP and be a part of one of the largest disability awareness events in the Mid-South! Come join thousands of Mid-Southerners and STEP UP for all individuals with Down syndrome.
- One-mile fun walk
- Family Picnic
- Petting Zoo
- Children’s activities & inflatables
- Team and individual prizes
Register now for the Mid-South STEP UP for Down Syndrome by using the tabs above!
Even if you can't be at STEP UP for Down Syndrome, you can still make a charitable donation to help support the Down Syndrome Association of Memphis and the Mid-South.
For more Information call 901-547-7588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE to find the following forms: Short Form Registration, Partners in Progress, Volunteer, Resource Table Reservation
Click HERE to purchase a pair of our Down Syndrome Awareness Shoes! Pictured Below!
New This Year
Loading Slide Show...
| || |
Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South
The mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South is to support and empower people with Down syndrome and their families.
Under the direction and leadership of an Executive Director and Board of Directors, DSAM is volunteer driven. At DSAM, we work to:
- Provide information for families of newborn babies with Down syndrome
- Provide current, unbiased and up-to-date information to professionals
- Conduct regular educational meetings for school districts & parents
- Host social events for children, adults and parents
- Publish a regular newsletter & e-mail "Happenings"
- Assist parents in attending national research conferences
- Partner with other disability groups to sponsor conferences
- Provide a networking outlet to families
- Advocate for the rights of individuals with Down syndrome
- Provide support to families of individuals with Down syndrome
- NEW -- "Reading is Key" reading coaching program!
- NEW -- Self-Advocate Job Coaching through TN Voc Rehab!
DSAM began in 1973 as Down's Parents of Memphis. A small group of parents met while attending the first Early Intervention Program in Memphis at the Child Development Center. They began meeting to learn more about Down syndrome and to work to improve public awareness, while providing the most current care for their children. This group of parents went on to begin the early intervention program now known as Special Kids & Families.
Re-organized as a 501 (c)(3) under the name of The Down Syndrome Association of the Memphis & the Mid-South (DSAM), the organization is now serving as a support group for parents, families and friends of persons with Down syndrome.
| days, hours, mintues, |
| seconds until the fun begins! |
| Goal |
| || |
Last online registrations on Thursday, Oct. 20th at Midnight. Onsite registration at Christian Brothers University will begin at 11 AM Sunday. Gates open at 12 Noon.
Largest Team Deadline
TUESDAY, Oct. 18th at Midnight!!!
Top Fundraising Team Deadline: 1 PM on 10/23 at Christian Brothers University ... Come to the Fundraising-Bubbly Bucks Window!!